N-Gram without backoff?

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Wed Oct 2 10:04:56 PDT 2002

You can disable probability smoothing with ngram-count -gt1max 0 -gt2max 0 ...
This will still include lower-order N-grams in the models, but
they are effectively never used because no probability mass is left
for backing off.  you could then remove the lower-order ngrams to save
space (but leave the unigrams in).

the conversion to pfsg should be unaffected by any of this.

--Andreas