srilm-htk interface compiler problems

Gunnar Evermann ge204 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 02:23:04 PST 2002

Andreas Stolcke <stolcke at speech.sri.com> writes:

> The HTK-SRILM interface was last tested at the Johns Hopkins workshop
> in 1997, and I no longer have access to it.  That fact that you want to
> do this in Windows isn't going to make things easier either.
> Also, the interface is not to HTK per se, but to the lattice rescoring
> tools that Entropic developed specifically for the JHU workshop (first in
> 1995).  I'm not even sure they are publically available.

As far as I know they were never really publicly available, i.e. these
days they are only used at CUED and possibly at JHU.

> So I'm afraid I can't help here.
> If anyone has more information on the HTK lattice tools I'd like to
> hear about it.

I have implemented a replacement tool (HLRescore) for most of the
lattice toolkit functionality. This tool is going to be part of
HTK3.2, which will be our next major release. It can read normal ARPA
LMs and use them to rescore HTK lattices. If you need access to the
fancier features of the SRILM then somebody would need to re-implement
an interface, this should be relatively easy, though.

Andreas, I'd be happy to discuss the implementation of such an
interface and/or to contribute some code for that to SRILM. However, I
won't have time for this before the end of April -- I'm sure you'll
understand :-)

  Gunnar