linux + alpha???

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Wed Apr 3 15:59:46 PST 2002

Noah,

I would proceed like this: first, modify bin/machine-type to return a string that
identifies the platform ("alpha-linux" or something).

Then copy the x86 Linux makefile
(commmon/Makefile.machine.i686) to common/Makefile.machine.alpha-linux and see
if that works.  Since the compiler (gcc) and OS are the same I expect that to work,
possibly with minor tweaks.  Remove any gcc flags that are specific to the
Intel target.

If you get it working please mail me the changes you made.

--Andreas