perplexity evaluation

Valsan, Zica valsan at sony.de
Wed Dec 4 00:21:31 PST 2002

Thank you for your prompt answer.
I have understood that </s> is taken into account but the question is way
only it and not the other one, too? I read papers where people resort to
this strategy (choosing only one) but is not clear for me the reason for
which they do like this.

Regarding the CMU toolkit I did not say it doesn't output any probabilities
for these context cues, but it outputs the same small values for each of
them (-98.999 very close to the values outputted by SRILM toolkit). This is
somehow "equivalent" with saying there are not taken into account for
perplexity computation, I think.

Regards,
Zica