SRILM 1.3.3 released

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Tue Mar 18 12:52:55 PST 2003

In message <3E775BC5.726B1494 at itc.it>you wrote:
> Dear Dr Andreas Stolcke,
> I would like to ask you some questions: does SIRLM  support confusion network
> operations ? I mean are there some functions in Lattice Tool / Word Lattice t
> transform the (posterior) lattice to confusion Network ?
> By the way, as I have only read in detail about Lattice Tool (of course not f
> ind
> the above mentioned function), could you please explain for me some words abo
> ut
> the difference between Lattice Tool and Word Lattice in SRILM.
> Best regards

Vu,

SRILM only supports building confusion networks from N-best lists.
For processing lattices I recommend Lidia Mangu's tool.

The program dealing with confusion networks is "nbest-lattice".

nbest-lattice -use-mesh -nbest L -write N

will produce a confusion network N from nbest list L.  See the man page
for details.

--Andreas

PS. Please do not send email to "srilm-announce", that list is for
release announcements only.  If you want to enlist the help of other
SRILM users, please join the "srilm-user" mailing list.  Send mail to
"majordomo at speech.sri.com" with "help" in the body for instructions.