class based SRI LM

June July julyjune03 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 10:45:44 PDT 2003

Hi,

   I tried to build class based LMs in the following way:

   step-1:  ngram-class -text test.in -numclasses 100 -class-counts text.cnt -classes text.cls  -save 100

   step-2:  ngram-count -read  text.cnt -memuse -kndiscount -kndiscount1 -kndiscount2 -lm text.srilm.gz

    I found that the class count output "text.cnt" from step-1 is only bigram-counts.  Thus the final class-LM text.srilm.gz is also a bigram one.

   Could anyone tell me if I am using the toolkit correctly?  How to build a trigram class-based LM?  Also are there any published paper/document that I can look up for detail information?

   Many thanks,

-June