FW: A simple question about SRILM

Roy Bar Haim barhaim at cs.technion.ac.il
Mon May 17 13:05:31 PDT 2004

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for you super-fast reply!

I tried it like you suggested:
ngram-count -order 3 -gt1max 0 -gt1min 1 -gt2max 0 -gt2min 1 -gt3max 0
-gt3min 1 -text corpus.tags -lm corpus.tags.lm2 -debug 1

Many of the backoff weights indeed became 99 (which is good), but many
remained non-zero (although small: -6,-7,-8...)

Is there a way to make them all 99?

The debug messages I got are listed below.

Thanks a lot,
Roy.
---------------------
corpus.tags: line 1892: 1892 sentences, 48332 words, 0 OOVs
0 zeroprobs, logprob= 0 ppl= 1 ppl1= 1
Good-Turing discounting 1-grams
GT-count [0] = 0
GT-count [1] = 0
warning: no singleton counts
GT discounting disabled
Good-Turing discounting 2-grams
GT-count [0] = 0
GT-count [1] = 126
GT discounting disabled
Good-Turing discounting 3-grams
GT-count [0] = 0
GT-count [1] = 2142
GT discounting disabled
discarded 1 2-gram contexts containing pseudo-events
discarded 2 3-gram contexts containing pseudo-events
writing 41 1-grams
writing 800 2-grams
writing 5145 3-grams