Rescoring query

Nayeem nayeem at cs.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jan 4 05:07:12 PST 2005

Sir,

I have a language model (long span LM) that gives a sequence of
probabilites for each word in a test  sentence. I cannot write this
language model in arpa format. The query I have is, can I integrate these
probabilites into a lattice or N-best lists for rescoring.

In detail the problem is, for a test sentence/utterance I can get a
lattice or N-best list  generated using HTK.  For the same sentence
(assuming I have the transcription) I can get the probabilities for each
word in the sentence using my long span LM. How can I integrate/rescore
the lattice or N-best list using the tools in the SRI-LM toolkit. What
tools and options should I use.

Kindly help me in this regard. Any suggestions is welcome.

Any pointers to important papers on rescoring is also requested.

A. Nayeemulla Khan
Research scholar
IIT Madras
India