Interpolating Lang Models for Indonesian ASR

최준기 joonki74 at etri.re.kr
Wed Sep 7 10:01:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I wonder your texts have sentence boundary symbols such as "<s>, </s>".
In CMU toolkit, you should define the symbols explictly in context cue file to control
these symbols.

According to my experience, with same discounting scheme, same cut-off value and careful usage
of back-off options(from unknown words and sentence boundary), the two LM toolkit generate
almost same perplexities. (except some round-off errors)

On interpolation problem, IMHO, I suggest that you compare the N-gram probability stream on same text.
(using fprobs files in CMU LM toolkit and -debug 2 option in SRI LM toolkit)

regards,

Joon Ki Choi