Trouble building srilm project (macosx)

Russell Sheptak rus at sonic.net
Sat Jan 21 10:48:10 PST 2006

Peter,

There's at least one newer version of the gcc 3.3 compiler available on
the Apple developer site (free download),.  I suspect you're missing a
necessary patch since apple supplied 3-4 revisions to gcc 3.3 to fix
bugs before switching to gcc 4.  My version is gcc 3.3 20030304 buld
1671, so slightly later than yours, and I had no problem building SRILM
as downloaded and described in the install document on MacOS X 10.3.9.
I ran into one problem on the self test.  You're going to run out of
open file descriptors and the ngram tests will fail as a result.
You'll need to reconfigure your kernel to allow more open file
descriptors and reboot, and the self test will pass.

rus