class-based language model

ilya oparin ioparin at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 04:49:02 PDT 2006

Hi,

I don't get exactly what you dislike in the debugging info that you get with the "-debug 2" option but I would add "-numclasses" option. If it is zero, then class merging is supressed altogether, as it is stated in the manual on ngram-class. May be then you will get the output you expect.

Martha Yifiru <marthayifiru at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi all,

Is there a tutorial or introduction on how to develop a class-based (where classes are induced automatically by ngram-class) language model? I thought that ngram-class is used to induce classes automatically and then the language model training and evaluation follow using ngram-count and ngram, respectively. Thus used the following command:

    ngram-class -debug 2 -text textfile.txt  -class-counts classcount_file                 -classes input_to_ngram

But the result is not similar with my expectation. It was giving me even perplexity values.

Would you please give me some ideas on how to develop class-based language model?

Waiting from you, I remain.
Martha.

Address:

Martha Yifiru Tachbelie