[SRILM] lattice-tool LM interpolarion

ilya oparin ioparin at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 08:17:44 PST 2006

Hi,

Could anyone give me any hints on the following: when
I interpolate different LMs (with different vocabs) to
rescore lattices with lattice-tool (in HTK format), in
the output lattice several links get l=-inf
probability, that leads to the fact it is impossible
to calculate viterbi best path etc.
For me it looks like the loglinear mix is performed,
that leads to getting -inf in case at least one of the
LMs gives this output (that is possible due to
different vocabs). If so, is there any way to
interpolate LMs with different vocabs in lattice-tool,
or all the LMs should have the same vocab beforehand?
Or I just miss something crucial in the way the whole
thing works?

lattice-tool -in-lattice-list lat.list -read-htk
-no-htk-nulls -htk-words-on-nodes -lm LM1 -mix-lm LM2
-write-htk -htk-logbase 2.71828 -out-lattice-dir
out_dir

BTW, Andeas, thanks for the comments on accented
characters, it works.

best regards,
Ilya