cahce based models

Juri Ganitkevitch j.ganitkevitch at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:14:21 PST 2007

Hi Hani,

if I'm correctly interpreting your question, the LM subclass CacheLM
provides a simple cache component implementation.

Word probability is boosted if the very same word occured in a window
of the last N words (more occurencies yield higher probability). You
get ngram to interpolate whatever model you're using with a cache
component using -cache. The source code of this one is very
straightforward if you're interested in the details.

If you're looking for the original papers, Kuhn and De Mori published
on this in 1990 (as to my knowledge at least).

Hope this helps.

Cheers from Aachen,

Juri