SRI LM archives

David Gelbart gelbart at icsi.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 10 14:11:44 PDT 2007

Hi Andreas,

As I recall, you expressed dismay once that the only way to get at the
srilm-user archives is to request them by email to majordomo.

Have you seen this script?
http://www.lunamorena.net/perl/archives.html

It is a Perl CGI script to render majordomo archive files as web
pages.  Maybe that would do the trick?  If you don't want to run a CGI
script, I guess it would be easy enough to modify this script into a
command line tool that would create a static web page for each archive
file.  An index page with a link to each archive file could be easily
generated from the list of archive filenames, since the filenames
encode the month and year.  Let me know if you'd like me to take a
look at this, since I may have the time to do it.

Similarly, if you are uneasy about exposing list participant's email
addresses on the public web, I guess it would also be easy enough to
modify the script to strip out the domain names from email addresses.
Again, I might have the time to do it.

Regards,
David