Some SRILM test errors

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Fri Oct 19 10:49:03 PDT 2007

In message <Pine.LNX.4.63.0710162114520.7817 at lamb.ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>you wrote:
> Hi Brianna,
>
> > I have gawk 3.1.3.
> >
> > When running the tests I had DIFFERS for these files:
> > nbest-rover-acoustic stdout
> > ngram-class stdout
> > ngram-count-lm-limit-vocab stdout & stderr
>
> The nbest-rover-acoustic test is broken in SRILM 1.5.3. For more info
> on that see
> www.speech.sri.com/projects/srilm/mail-archive/srilm-user/2007-September/10.h
> tml

David is right, and if you download the beta version of SRILM 1.5.4
this problem is fixed.
This version also fixes a number of other locale-related issues.

Specifically, in the tests ngram-class and ngram-count-lm-limit-vocab
the problem is simply that different locale settings give different "sort"
output.  You can fix this by putting

LC_COLLATE=C
export LC_COLLATE

at the top of

$SRILM/test/tests/ngram-class/run-test
$SRILM/test/tests/ngram-count-lm-limit-vocab/run-test

Other than that it whould work regardless of the gawk version.

Andreas