Optimize the interpolation parameters

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Tue Oct 23 09:54:38 PDT 2007

Diana Durán wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using SRILM to create a language model based on modified
> interpolated Kneser-Ney smoothing. Is it possible to optimize the
> lambdas values from a held-out set with SRILM?
The interpolation weights used in smoothing (for combining higher and
lower-order estimates) do not have to be estimated separately from data.
They are a given by formulae derived from the counts-of-counts, and
built into the discounting methods.

If you are asking about interpolation different LMs, use
compute-best-mix, described in the ppl-scripts(1) man page.