lattice-tool

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Thu Apr 3 22:39:46 PDT 2008

Martha,

I looked at the sample data you sent and believe I found your problem.
In your lattice, you have two words that are not in the LM vocabulary:

	!ENTER
	!EXIT

I assume these are non-standard begin/end sentence tokens, and should be
ignored by the LM.  A convenient way to achieve this is as follows:

Make a file "ïgnore.vocab" containing the two words.
Then add the option

	lattice-tool -ignore-vocab ignore.vocab  ...

to your lattice expansion command.

Alternative approaches would be to remove these tokens from the lattices
somehow, or to include them in the LM.

--Andreas

In message <790936.73554.qm at web36808.mail.mud.yahoo.com>you wrote:
> Dear Andreas Stolcke,
>
> We are trying to rescore lattices in HTK format using
> lattice-tool. The rescoring seems OK. But, when we
> decode using the option -viterbi-decode it gives us
> the following output:
>
> tesfeature/d502026.mfc </s>
>
> We are using srilm version 1.4.6 which addresses the
> problem of htk quoting. We did the rescoring and the
> decoding in two separate steps. The commands we used
> are:
>
> lattice-tool -read-htk -write-htk -in-lattice-list
> dev20klattice/Alllattice.lst -out-lattice-dir
> dev20klattice/Rescoredlattice2g/ -order 2 -lm
> LanguageModels_randselsent/LM_type_N5_KN_INT -no-nulls
>
> and
>
> lattice-tool -read-htk -htk-lmscale 10
> -in-lattice-list
> dev20klattice/Rescoredlattice2g/Alllattice.lst
> -viterbi-decode
>
> The decoding works with the lattice generated by HTK
> (not rescored by lattice-tool), our problem is with
> the rescored lattices.
>
> We could not figure out the problem, the options we
> used seems right. We also tried to use -htk-quotes
> option, but with out success. Would you please give us
> some hints?

Thank you,