begining/end of sentence tags

Dmitriy Dligach Dmitriy.Dligach at colorado.edu
Wed Apr 23 09:01:38 PDT 2008

Andreas,

First of all I wanted to thank you for your SRILM toolkit; I find it
extremely useful in my research!

Also, I had a question about the beginning/end of sentence tags:

I need to compute probabilities of strings that are *not* complete
sentences. My understanding is both 'ngram-count' and 'ngram' tools
automatically add these tags if they are not explicitly present.

Is there any way to prevent the 'ngram' tool from doing so?

Perhaps the '-limit-vocab' option can somehow help by specifying all words
in the vocabulary except for the <s> and </s>?

Thanks,

Dima