command line for make-big-lm

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 21:16:27 PDT 2008

On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Andreas Stolcke wrote:

> "-kndiscount 5" is not a meaningful option.
> I assume you mean "-kndiscount5",  which enables KN discounting just
> for
> order 5 ngrams.

Ah, I see.  When I specified it with a space, I see that all order
kndiscount were set to 1:

  kndiscount1=1 kndiscount2=1 kndiscount3=1 kndiscount4=1
kndiscount5=1 kndiscount6=1 kndiscount7=1 kndiscount8=1 kndiscount9=1

-- and with -kndiscount5 I get

  kndiscount1=0 kndiscount2=0 kndiscount3=0 kndiscount4=0
kndiscount5=1 kndiscount6=0 kndiscount7=0 kndiscount8=0 kndiscount9=0

-- so apparently it ignores the trailing five and does a full KN model
if there's a space, right?  I'm after the "full" KN model as per Chen
& Goodman -- so should I just say -kndiscount without any numbers to
get it, with -order 5 for 5-grams maximum?

Cheers,
Alexy