Format of LMs

Cai Hongbin-A20766 A20766 at motorola.com
Sat Jan 3 18:34:11 PST 2009

Hi,

In recent days I am doing some evaluation on some SRI training tools.
I met problems when I tried to use skipping LMs and factored LMs.

What is the format of these models?

As for skipping LMs, what is the meaning of the last part at the end of
the LM file?
\end\  ## the end of a normal LM file
-pau- 0.5
</s> 0.5
<s> 0
<unk> 0.0041594 (how to apply these coef. to some beam-search engine?)

As for the factored LMs, I trained a bigram, and got a result that
there seemed to be no backing-off coef. in the unigram section.
And what is the meaning of the coefficients right after the 2-gram
probs?
\0x0-grams:
-1.071043       </s>
-1.281587       <unk>  (where is the backing-off coef.? )
\0x1-grams:
-2.178066       86AA B2BB       -0.7455529(what is the meaning of these
coef.?)
-0.9450388      86AA B6BA_BAC5
-1.72854        86AA CBF4
-1.281777       86AA CECA_BAC5
-6.393295       <s> </s>        -0.9474632

Anyone can show me some helpful reference? Thanks a lot.

Best
Regards,

Rick Cai