Installation: failing the tests

Mr.SpOOn mr.spoon21 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 04:29:14 PST 2009

Hi,
I'm new here.

I'm trying to install SRILM on an Ubuntu 8.04. I thought I built
everything fine, but I get errors  in the test phase (point 7 of the
INSTALL file).

When I give the command:

make all

it starts the tests and appear a lot of things like this:

*** Running test hidden-ngram ***
Command exited with non-zero status 127
0.00user 0.00system 0:00.00elapsed 66%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
hidden-ngram: stdout output DIFFERS.
hidden-ngram: stderr output DIFFERS.

When it finishes and I check the output files, I find that all .stdout
files are empty, while in the .stderr ones there are errors like
these:

./run-test: 16: ngram: not found
./run-test: 19: ngram-count: not found
./run-test: 22: ngram: not found

Now I don't really know what to do. What can be the problem?

I think I set the environment variables right. I put them in the ~/.bashrc file.

I did so:

SRILM=/home/carlo/ordinami/srilm

PATH3=$SRILM/bin/i686:$SRILM/bin

PATH=$PATH:$PATH1:$PATH2:$PATH3