Installation: failing the tests

Mr.SpOOn mr.spoon21 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 03:03:56 PST 2009

I solved the proble. First I just tried removing the option -ltcl from the line:

TCL_LIBRARY = -L/usr/lib/tcl8.5 -ltcl

It worked. But the I tried installing tcl with:

sudo apt-get install tcl

I put again the option -ltcl and it works the same.
I wonder what's the difference between the packages tcl8.5 and tcl.

Anyway, thanks. Now the I can run the tests.

One last doubt: is it normal that in some test the output differs? For
example here:

*** Running test disambig ***
0.46user 0.06system 0:00.74elapsed 71%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
disambig: stdout output DIFFERS.
disambig: stderr output IDENTICAL.