ngram-discount

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Wed May 13 11:06:06 PDT 2009

If the model is smoothed (the default), zeroprobs typically occur for
out-of-vocabulary words.
You need to train a model that assigns probability to the unknown word
(<unk>).
Use the ngram-count -unk option (you need to also specify a predefined
vocabulary to there are OOV words in your training data that you can get
a probability estimate from). Then use ngram -unk to test the LM.

Hope this helps,

Andreas