[SRILM User List] problem getting srilm

Sylvain Raybaud sylvain.raybaud at crans.org
Tue Sep 22 01:45:09 PDT 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 16:49:22 Andreas Stolcke wrote:
> Sylvain Raybaud wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> >
> > Getting an archive of srilm toolkit from the website has been
> > near-impossible for me for some months now... After I fill in the form at
> > http://www.speech.sri.com/projects/srilm/download.html and accept the
> > license the download begins but is incredibly slow (throughput varying
> > between 0 and 1 kilo bytes per second). After a few hours I get a message
> > saying that the connection was closed or something like that. Did I miss
> > something? thanks a lot.
>
> I'm sure I would have heard lots of complaints if this was a general
> issue.  Also, I just downloaded the package from my home cable
> connection, at about 300kB/s.   So I would first investigate possible
> issues with your internet connection.
> A good site to for measuring network bandwidth is
> http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ .
>
> Andreas
>
> > regards,

Hello

  You are right, it seems that the problem only occurs when attempting to
download from my institute... puzzling... maybe it is because we use ipv6?
I've encountered problem with ipv6-enabled servers before. Anyway, the
problem is probably not related to sri, sorry about the fuss for nothing :)

thanks a lot, keep up the good work,

--
Sylvain