[SRILM User List] fsm-to-pfsg & lattice-tool

Aarthi aarthireddy1212 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 08:53:31 PDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to use the lattice-tool in order to prune lattices using the density-prune function.

I have lattices in AT&T format, and use the following command to convert AT & T fsm format lattices to PFSG format:

fsm-to-pfsg pfsg_name=New.lat scale=-10000.5 ATTFormat.txt > New.lat

I am able to print the 1st best path in the lattice without a problem:
lattice-tool -in-lattice New.lat -nbest-decode 1 -out-nbest-dir ~/Dirs/

However, when I try to get a pruned lattice using this command:

lattice-tool -in-lattice New.lat -density-prune 3000 -out-lattice NewPruned.lat

I get an error "Lattice::prunePosteriors: cannot compute lattice density". Can anyone explain to me what the problem might be.

Regards,
Aarthi