[SRILM User List] lattice-tool

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at speech.sri.com
Wed Apr 21 22:42:05 PDT 2010

ali sadiqui wrote:
> hi,
> I am a beginner SRILM,
> I would like to create a lattice from corpora
> "A B{b1, b2, b3) C" and then create a language model
> I know I have to use the tool lattice-tool, but how do I proceed, I was stuck there.  I guess I should create a file-format pfsg but.
> If so:
>             How to define the nodes?
>             Calculating the cost?
> Is this is a manually or using a command?
> In short, how to fill it?
>
> I am very grateful for your help.
> thank you for your help

I think you are confused about how to build language models.  You
typically create LMs directly from ngram counts extracted from a corpus,
with no need to build lattices.
Please consult the file $SRILM/doc/lm-intro for the most basic
procedures, and the FAQ file and recommended text books for more details.