[SRILM User List] SRILM Missing FIles

Muhammad Shamsuddeen Muhammad mshamsuddeen2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 17:57:59 PST 2011

I compiled srilm but faced an error while trying to build a language model
using a tutorial. The error was that i had the file "ngram-count" missing,
while running this command >>

$ $SRILM‐HOME/bin/i686/ngram‐count ‐order 3 ‐interpolate ‐kndiscount ‐unk ‐
text lm/corpus.lowercased.en ‐lm lm/corpus.lm

I tried compiling from scratch all over again and it still is missing.
According to another tutorial thou, if the following files >>

liboolm.a
libdstruct.a
libflm.a
liblattice.a
libmisc.a

are created then the installation was successful, and they are all present
in my installation.
So what may be the issue here, and since "ngram-count" is missing from the
$SRILM‐HOME/bin/i686/ directory there could be other missing files. Can
someone possibly send me a list of all the files present in that directory
of a working installation so that i could compare also.

Best Regards

--
Muhammad Shamsuddeen Muhammad

"There is no knowledge that is not power".