[SRILM User List] lattice-ngram test seg fault on Ubuntu with x86_64

Federico Ang fmang at ieee.org
Tue Dec 20 19:26:28 PST 2011

Hello,

I successfully compiled SRILM 1.6.0 with Ubuntu 11.04 on an Intel Core i5
with -march=core2 -m64 (I edited the i686-m64 makefile) and with Tcl 8.5,
Gawk 3.1.8, and gcc/g++ 4.6.1 .  On make test, all test gives IDENTICAL
results except for the lattice-ngram test, which gives DIFFERS for both
stdout and stderr.  Investigating the problem, I found that the stdout for
the output is empty.  On the other hand, stderr output is exactly the same
as stderr reference except that there's Segmentation Fault on the last
line.  I don't know how to investigate further.  Please advise so I can
have all test passed.

Best,
Federico Ang
DSP Laboratory, EEE Institute