[SRILM User List] ngram count

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 23 23:59:47 PST 2011

Gil Henry wrote:

> I have subscribed! I am getting the message ngram count no command
> when I execute ngram count with all of the necessary parameters and
> proper syntax. Reference SRILM FAQ A1, I have tried scripts; nothing
> works. Srilm/bin has commands for ngram and ngram-count (console
> display). make World, make all, make cleanest run with no errors. make
> test runs with with all “identical”, no “differs”.

I the test succeed and the bin directory is populated then the build was
successful, and your only problem is that you cannot find the binaries
in your executable search path.

Make sure the PATH variable includes $SRILM/bin/$MACHINE_TYPE , where
$MACHINE_TYPE is the platform name you build for. If you can't manage
that ask for help from a local linux or windows expert.

Andreas