[SRILM User List] How to interpolate two class-based language models

Meng Chen chenmengdx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:01:43 PDT 2012

Hi, I have a question about interpolating two class-based language models.
Suppose I have two class-based language models trained from two different
corpus.
And each class-based lm has its own class definition files. For example,
the class definition file for class-lm1 is lm1.classes, and lm2.classes for
class-lm2. So my question is, how to interpolate these two different
class-based language models? Can you give me the steps? with commands
better.

   - Do I need to use the -classes option when interpolating them?
   - Do I need to use the -bays 0 option to interpolate them dynamically?

I also confused about the expand class operation. If I expand the
class-based language model to word-based language model, does the
perplexity change with the same test set ?

Thanks!

Meng Chen