[SRILM User List] How to decode with an interpolated class-based LM with lattice-tool

mvp-songyoung mvp-songyoung at 163.com
Mon May 14 01:41:51 PDT 2012

Hi,I meet a question when lattice rescoring with an interpolated class-based lm with lattice-tool. This class-based LM was trained by interpolating three other different class-based LMs:LM1 contian 3500 words and merged into 350 clases;LM2 contain 2500 words and merged into 250 classes ; LM3 contian 110 words and merged into 10 classes.  I have renamed the class definitions for three class-based LMs before training and interpolating them.and I also merged the class definitions to a single file before decoding. My decoding comand is as follows:

lattice-tool -read-htk -viterbi-decode -order 4 -lm class-4gram.lm -classes <class> -in-lattice-list lattice.scp -htk-wdpenalty $PENALTY -htk-lmscale $LMSCALE

But, I found that the decoding process was very slow and memory consuming. I wonder to know why I meet and how to process this situation? Are there any steps I have did incorrect? Please give me the right steps? thank you