[SRILM User List] class based language model

Shammur Absar Chowdhury shammurchowdhury at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 01:37:25 PDT 2012

Hello

I am new to srilm and at the same time I am recently learning about
language model. My aim was to build a class based language model with a
given class definition.

So far I have used, the below 3 commands from
http://www.speech.sri.com/pipermail/srilm-user/2010q1/000843.html

1. ngram-class -vocab vocab.txt \
            -text LM.txt \
            -numclasses 16 \
            -classes classfile
2. replace-words-with-classes classes=classfile LM.txt >
Output_text_with_classes
3. ngram-count  -text Output_text_with_classes   -lm Class_based_model

But as far as I think that the first command here induces the classes. Now
what if I want srilm to use my assigned class tag and its followed words
list to make the class model, how will I do it? I meant I try formating my
classes tag in the class-format and then run the second step but as in the
format I am suppose to assign a probability, p - which I cant assign in my
manual created class file.

Could any one please help me and give a direction or suggest some reading
for me.
Thank you .

Shammur Absar Chowdhury