[SRILM User List] Confidence Measure

Bassam Al_Qatab bassam_qatab at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:20:35 PDT 2012

Dear all   I want to develop the Pronunciation
Verification. Actually, I have been developed the Automatic Speech Recognition
(ASR) using HTK toolkit. I used the SRILM tool to convert the HTK lattice to
confusion network then, the word posterior probability has been calculated
using SRILM tool. Actually, my understanding is that, first I have to save the
word posterior probability for the words (based on the given sentences). Next,
obtain the word posterior probability for the given utterance that should be among
saved sentences. Finally, divided the obtained word posterior probability by
saved one, the output should be between 0 and 1. This value will be the threshold
for accepting or rejection of the word according to the output we observed. My
question,  is that all we need? Or should
I have to calculate the confidence measure. For the confidence measure I want
to know how to calculate it (if there is any tutorial). Any one can help! or send me a link or paper describe the procedure. Thank you in advance.

Bassam Ali Qasem Al-Qatab
Master Of Software Engineering
Faculty Of Computer Science and Information Technology
University of Malaya