[SRILM User List] What's the limitation to memory in make-batch-counts ?

Meng Chen chenmengdx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:18:37 PDT 2012

Hi, in *make-batch-counts*, we need to set the batch-size in order to count
faster. it says "For maximum performance, batch-size should be as large as
possible without triggering paging". However, sometimes I found it would
crash if I set it too large (eg. 500). So I want to ask if there is any
limitation to batch-size. Suppose every text in file list is *a* MB, the
memory of server is *b* MB,the batch-size should not be larger than *b/a*,
is it right? Or some other limitations?
Thanks!

Meng CHEN