[SRILM User List] lattice rescoring with conventional LM and FLM

yuan liang yuan at ks.cs.titech.ac.jp
Sat Oct 13 02:37:39 PDT 2012

Hi srilm users,

Now I'm using the 'lattice-tool' to rescore the lattice, my goal is using a
Factor Language Model(FLM) score to replace the original language model
score in the word lattice.

1) First in the baseline system, I used conventional Bigram LM to do speech
recognition and generate the htk word lattice (we name it "Lattice_1").
Then I try to use a conventional Trigram LM to rescore the "Lattice_1",
using:

   "lattice-tool -in-lattice Lattice_1 -unk -vocab [voc_file] -read-htk
-no-nulls -no-htk-nulls -lm [Trigram_file] -htk-lmscale 15 -htk-logbase
2.71828183 -posterior-scale 15  -write-htk -out-lattice Lattice_2"

I just want to use the new Trigram LM score to replace the old LM score in
"Lattice_1", so I think "Lattice_2" and "Lattice_1" should have the same
size, just each word's LM score will be different. But I found the size of
"Lattice_2" are larger than "Latttice_1". Did I miss something? How can I
only replace the LM score without expanding the size of the lattice?

2) I used a Trigram in FLM format to rescore "Lattice_1":

    First I converted all word nodes (HTk format) to FLM representation;

    Then rescored with:

  " lattice-tool  -in-lattice  Lattice_1  -unk  -vocab  [voc_file]
-read-htk  -no-nulls  -no-htk-nulls  -factored  -lm
[FLM_specification_file]  -htk-lmscale  15  -htk-logbase  2.71828183
-posterior-scale  15  -write-htk  -out-lattice  Lattice_3"

   I think "Lattice_2" and "Lattice_3" should be the same, since the
perplexity of using Trigram and using Trigram in FLM format are same.
However, they are different. Did I miss something?

 3) Also I checked the accuracy from the decoding result of using
"Lattice_2" and "Lattice_3", the result are:

                    viterbi decode result is the same;
                    n-best list are almost same, but using "Lattice_2" is
better than using "Lattice_3";
                    posterior decode result is quite different, using
"Lattice_2" is better than using "Lattice_3";

     Did I miss something when I using FLM to rescore the lattice?

Thank you very much!
Yuan