[SRILM User List] Why there are "_meta_1" in LM?

Meng Chen chenmengdx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 20:06:54 PST 2012

I have checked the make-big-lm shell script and found that the "_meta_"
should be lowercase.
In line 56 of make-big-lm script. It says:
metatag=__meta__   #lowercase so it works with ngram-count -tolower

In fact, when I used make-big-lm to train LM, there are not "__meta__1" in
final arpa LM without the write-binary-lm. So I guess it's possible related
to the binary format.