[SRILM User List] How to do 1-best viterbi decoding from lattice?

Meng Chen chenmengdx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 02:24:10 PST 2013

Hi, I want to check the correctness of lattices in HTK format (SLF). So I
need to do the 1-best viterbi decoding from the lattices without loading
new LM. Then compare the hypothesis with standard decoder's 1-pass viterbi
decoding result. My command is as follows:

lattice-tool -debug 2 -in-lattice example.slf -read-htk -old-decoding
-veterbi-decode

However, I found that the hypothesis above is different from the standard
decoder(eg. HTK). Is the command above right?

Thanks!

Meng CHEN