[SRILM User List] installation on mac lion error on negram class

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Sun Mar 3 19:31:19 PST 2013

On 3/3/2013 1:46 PM, mohsen jadidi wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to install versiobn 1.7 on mac, but it keeps giving me error:
The cc1plus warning should disappear if you change
common/Makefile.machine.macosx  to have

    GCC_FLAGS = -Wreturn-type
    CC = cc $(GCC_FLAGS) -Wimplicit -Wimplicit-int
    CXX = c++ $(GCC_FLAGS) -DINSTANTIATE_TEMPLATES

The link error seems to have something to do with the iconv library not
being properly installed for 64bit builds.
You might be able to work around this by building with

     make NO_ICONV=1  ...

I hope someone with MacOSX savvy can provide a way to make the linking
with -liconv actually work.