[SRILM User List] If I use -kndiscount for order 2, does I get an uncorrect unigram model?

贺天行 cloudygooseg at gmail.com
Tue May 28 00:42:49 PDT 2013

Hello
When I use order 2 kndiscount, I get a unigram model and a bigram model
Then I use order 1 kndiscount, I also get a unigram
But these two unigrams are different, I read the
http://www.speech.sri.com/projects/srilm/manpages/ngram-discount.7.html
It seems that this has to do with some implementation issue, what i want to
ask is, is the unigram I get in the order 2 kndiscount uncorrect?

Because if I use order1 Katz discount and order 2 Katz discount, the two
unigrams are the same, so I think I need to treat kndiscount result with
caution.

Many thanks
Goose