[SRILM User List] OOV terminology

Joris Pelemans Joris.Pelemans at esat.kuleuven.be
Wed Jul 3 14:05:30 PDT 2013

Sander,

Thank you for your elaborate reply, but it doesn't really answer my
question. I am not confused about the different sets of words. I know
why they are there and what they are used for, but I'm wondering whether
there is a standard term to denote each set individually. Let me
rephrase my question with a very simple example:

Given a single training sentence, "wrong is wrong" and a language model
with cut-off 1, what are the terms to denote the following sets:

 1. {wrong, is}?
 2. {wrong}?
 3. {is}?
 4. all other English words?

I am especially interested in terms that differentiate between sets 3
and 4, if such terms exist.

Regards,

Joris