[SRILM User List] Lattice-tool and -word-posteriors-for-sentences

André Mansikkaniemi ammansik at cis.hut.fi
Tue Oct 1 06:49:05 PDT 2013

Hi,

Been trying to use the lattice-tool and the
'-word-posteriors-for-sentences' option to calculate posterior
probabilities for words in an ASR output hypothesis.

So I have a lattice and hypothesis file to begin with, and run the
following commands to generate the posterior probabilities.

lattice-tool -read-htk -in-lattice test.lat -write-mesh test.mesh
lattice-tool -read-mesh -in-lattice test.mesh
-word-posteriors-for-sentences test.hyp > test.posteriors

Is this the correct way to do it, since I always end up getting 0
posterior probabilities for all words in the sentence? I tried to
replace the test.hyp with output generated from lattice-tool's own
-viterbi-decode but result is still the same.

BR,
André