[SRILM User List] ngam stdin/stdout

Anand Venkataraman venkataraman.anand at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 21:26:16 PDT 2013

bash$ echo $SENTENCE | ngram ... -ppl -

However, if you're planning to do this on a per-sentence basis, it's
inefficient.

You should ideally compute it on whole files using ngram -debug 1 and
post-process the output to extract ppls for individual sentences. That way
you can get away with not having to invoke ngram/load the lm multiple times.

&