[SRILM User List] Error in usage of make-batch-counts

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 29 10:02:10 PST 2014

On 1/28/2014 12:40 AM, Rajen Chatterjee wrote:
> Hello,
>        I want to pass this options "-order 5 -nterpolate -kndiscount"
> to make-batch-counts, how can I do this?
>
> When I am giving this command "./make-batch-counts
> /home/rajen/file_name 1 /home/rajen/count-dir -order 5" I am getting
> this error mkdir: invalid option -- 'o'Try `mkdir --help' for more
> information.
>
> Can you help me out to fix this problem.

There are two problems:

1 - According to the training-scripts(1) man page, the usage is

*make-batch-counts*  /file-list/  [/batch-size/  [/filter/  [/count-dir/  [/options/  ... ] ] ] ]

so you need to pass 4 parameters before any options that are passed to ngram-count.   For the "filter"  parameter you can use the "cat"  program.

2. The options -interpolate and -kndiscount are inappropriate since make-batch-counts does not create LMs, it only collects the counts.