[SRILM User List] Does the calculation of Back Off Weight use the special property of different Discount?

Junfei Guo junfei.guo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 02:31:14 PST 2014

Hi All,

>From the source code I can see that to calculate the Lower Oder Weight for
interpolation, Srilm uses the special properties of different Discount
function. For example for Modified KN, it uses the fact that the discount
is a constant for all trigrams which shows up more than 3 times.

My question is weather the calculation of Back Off Weight also use this
sort of information or it only assume a general discount function.

Thanks - Jeff