[SRILM User List] FW: Create Phone Lattices

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Thu Apr 10 22:49:27 PDT 2014

On 4/9/2014 3:40 PM, Andreas Stolcke wrote:

> [...]

Yes, you can use

     lattice-tool -write-ngrams (plus options to specify the lattices,
ngram order etc.)

to compute expected ngrams counts from lattices.   The lattices should
be in HTK format.  You can then estimate LMs from the expected ngram
counts (using ngram -float-counts ...).

I have personally used this method to implement the Gauvain et al.
language recognition method, and it works great.  I'm not sure how well
it works for other tasks.