[SRILM User List] Right way to build LM

Ismail Rusli ismail.indonesia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:38:44 PDT 2014

Thanks for the answer, Andreas.

As i read paper by
Chen and Goodman (1999), they used held-out data
to optimize parameters in language model. How do i
do this in SRILM? Does SRILM optimize parameters
when i use -kndiscount? I tried -kn to save
parameters in a file and included this file
when building LM but it turned out
my perplexity is getting bigger.

And just one more,
do you have a link to good tutorial in using
class-based models with SRILM?

Ismail