[SRILM User List] Interpolated LM

Andreas Stolcke stolcke at icsi.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 14 11:12:21 PDT 2017

The error message says there is no way to write the interpolated model
to a single model file.   But wherever you would apply (evaluate) the
interpolated LM with SRILM, you can just use the same options

         -bayes 0 -lm  LM1Class_Based.lm -mix-lm LM2tri.lm -classes
output.classes

to reconstruct the interpolated model.

If your goal is to "convert"  the interpolated LM into a standard
word-based ngram model, you can try to first expand the class-based LM
into a word-based LM:

     ngram -lm LM1Class_Based.lm -classes output.classes -expand-classes
K -write-lm LM1Class-EXPANDED.lm

K is the maximal length of ngrams that are allowed to result from
expanding the class tokens.   This is an approximation, and can blow up
the model size combinatorially, so check the perplexity after
expansion.   If it looks reasonable you can then interpolate the
expanded LM with your other LM without using the -bayes option.

Andreas