No subject

andyf at umich.edu andyf at umich.edu
Wed Jul 27 10:44:09 PDT 2005

Hello SRILM-user group,

      I am having difficulties building the toolkit in 3 different
environnments.

      The closest I come to getting a good build is on my Redhat WorkStation
version 3 system.  I have installed the latest version of tcl, and edited the
file Makefile.common.i686 in the following way
   TCL_INCLUDE = /usr/local/ActiveTcl8.4/include
   TCL_LIBRARY = /usr/local/ActiveTcl8.4 -ltcl

    As near as I can tell the binary which I am most interested "ngram" is part
of the lm directory.  None of the files in that directory build, even though I
do get what looks like a succesful build in some of the other directories.  I
get one of two errors:

     1) No include path in which to find tcl.h
     2) g++ cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilation

     My version of gcc is 3.something

    Has anybody on the list done a succesful build on Redhat Workstaion version
3 and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Andy Freeman
PhD, linguistics and Arabic
BS computer science