problems running tests

Kurlandski Jerry jkurlandski at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 11:36:44 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm a newcomer to SRI LM and am having problems running the tests. Between a
third and half the tests do not match the reference output. One example is
the first test, adapt-marginals. Here is the stderr output:

../ngram-count-gt/swbd.3bo.gz: line 8: ngram line has 1 fields (3 expected)
format error in lm file
../ngram-count-gt/eval97.text: line 5293: 5290 sentences, 38238 words, 0
OOVs
0 zeroprobs, logprob= 0 ppl= 1 ppl1= 1
using WittenBell for 1-grams
warning: distributing 0.0720362 left-over probability mass over all 3379
words
writing 3380 1-grams
../ngram-count-gt/swbd.3bo.gz: line 8: ngram line has 1 fields (3 expected)
format error in lm file

The vocab-aliases test has very similar error output:

reading 33110 1-grams
../ngram-count-gt/swbd.3bo.gz: line 8: ngram line has 1 fields (3 expected)
format error in lm file

And ngram-prune's output is:

swbd.3bo.gz: line 7: ngram line has 1 fields (3 expected)
format error in lm file
pruned.gz: No such file or directory

I am running SRI LM version 1.5.1 with the latest version of Cygwin on a
Windows 2000 platform. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Further details:

I wondered if the issue might have to do with gunzip. So I typed the
following at the command line, and got the following output:

$ gunzip -f swbd.3bo.gz
gunzip: swbd.3bo.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated

I tried unzipping with WinZip and got the following message:
Invalid compressed data--unable to inflate.

Still, Winzip did give me an apparently unzipped version of the file, so I
ran just the adapt-marginals test against the unzipped file. However, I got
the same output as described above.