[Fwd: SRILM]

ilya oparin ioparin at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 22:52:50 PDT 2007

Hi, J.

You can use class-ngram (see manpages) to generate
classes from text automatically. Two files, class
count (standard N-gram file with class labels as
units) and class definition (telling you class
assignments for words) files are generated. Use those
to train LMs with ngram-count as usual, you need just
to add -classes option to refer to the
class-definition file.
If you want to use classes of your own, it's a bit
more tricky, since you have to take care of correct
class-definition file forming.

regards,
Ilya